Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tough Day

Photobucket


This morning was a rough one. Mr. N didn't want to do his schoolwork and naturally it ended in tears from both of us. I know everyday isn't going to be a bed of homeschooling roses. But I can honestly say when I received his acceptance letter to our Choice School Transfer, I briefly imagined quieter days of him not being under my wing..... It was brief. God has made it clear homeschooling is his will for our family. Sure the school is ranked high; and many people believe it's a great place to daily send their children off to. Nonetheless, I will take the good days with the bad. For now, until God says otherwise, I will be the one to educate and guide my children's hearts and minds...... Honestly, I can't help but to feel blessed by my calling.... even if I did need to cry in the shower for a moment earlier to mend my frazzled nerves.

"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will."-Ephesians 1:11


{Day 62}
365 Days

3 comments:

Chic Homeschool Mama said...

Oh we all have those days when we feel defeated or frustrated. It's a tough job- but really, I wouldn't want it any other way. I can't imagine letting some stranger shape the minds of my kids. We are blessed to do what we do!

The shoulder is here if you need it- I completely understand those times!

Joshua's Mom said...

Sorry you had a rough day Leanna - it's just kind of like a continuation of being a Mom - some days are good and some are bad, but you do get to mold your child - I think it's a super high calling

oneinspiredhand said...

Thank you CHM and JM! Being new to homeschooling I def need all the encourage I can get. It helps so much to know that its normal to have bad days :)