Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Inspiration Jar






I found this cute, little tchotchke at the thrift store for a $0.25.

I decided it would make a perfect Inspiration Jar.

So I gathered a bunch of trinkets from the bottom of my catch-all-craft-stash......




a broken necklace, a silver button, some beads, a mini wreath, and some raffia.

I didn't end up using it all though.





Then, I made the cards.






On one side, I wrote something I could do to bless someone else {call a friend you haven't spoken to in a while, write a hand written letter to someone}, or a craft suggestion {do a scrap layout, make a card}.

Then, on the other side I wrote a random scripture to read.


Next, I prettied up the cards with some swirlies, and a rhinestone {love sparklies-Hee!}








Inspiration jars are great for those moments you find yourself with some uninspired free time.

VOILA! Just pull out Ye Olde Inspiration Jar and get inspired.






Follow the links below to see other beautiful creations made by talented bloggers:



All Thingz Related




6 comments:

Christine:) said...

This is right up my alley- I have a similar prayer box, but this jar is way cooler than mine is;) Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea- beautiful inside and out;)

oneinspiredhand said...

Thank you Christine! I love the prayer box idea; I have a prayer rolodex made from a photo album. Such a fun way to keep us lovin like the Lord :):)
Come to think of it, I think I may remake the prayer rolodex and then write about it- you just inspired me :)

Scottfamily said...

Whaat a beautiful idea. I love the idea of a special place to keep my prayers in. Thank you for the inspiration.

★All Thingz Related★ said...

Very Awesome! Thanks for joining us for Anything Related! ~Bridgette

Lisa said...

I love this idea! It would be a great teacher "happy", too. I think everybody needs one! Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

What a beautiful idea! I love this! Can't wait to see your prayer rolodex remade too!