Friday, May 28, 2010

Noncommittal Decor Project #1

Since it's not time for us to buy our new house yet {I'm patiently waiting on the Lord}, I've decided I'm going to do everything I can to make our temporary living situation {just moved to new state} feel as homey as possible.

I have a list of things I'm going to do to accomplish this. But for starters I decided I would begin decorating a bit more than I'd planned on originally.

We aren't going to paint b/c then we'd have to repaint everything white again {Eew!}.


In the babies room, I decided to put up their names using canvases, scrap book paper, ribbon, and wooden letters.





This is such an easy way to personalize a space with little commitment. Plus, it's fun, quick and for my situation, I hope to reuse them to decorate a toy room/space in the near future.



I already have Leah's name as you can see above, so now I'm working on Noah's:













Voila! Now, I need to paint the letters and the canvas edges, add the letters to the canvases, add the ribbon and hang them.



I'll post a final picture when they are all done.



These are the materials I'm using:




*Canvases

*Ribbon

*Wooden Letters

*Glue Gun {to add wooden letters to canvases}

*Paint

*Scrapbook Paper

*Mod Podge {glue}

*Zots Clear Adhesive Dots {ribbon adhering}



I was beginning to allow myself to feel anxious and down about wanting to move and it not being time. After some prayer, God reassured me in his time everything will work out {always does}. I just need to be patient. Until then, I'm turning my circumstances into a decorating party-Yahoo!





2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's a great project! I think I'm going to steal your idea. :-) Fun!

oneinspiredhand said...

You should! Let me know if you have questions and be sure to send me pics :)